1. Can toughened glass be perforated?
Toughened glass can punch holes.
Tempered glass is quite common in modern decoration, especially in balconies, bathrooms and so on. But some people don't know about toughened glass. Can toughened glass perforate?
Rules for opening toughened glass:
1. Only toughened glass with a width greater than 8 times the thickness can be drilled.
2. When the thickness of tempered glass is not more than 12 mm, the distance from the hole edge to the edge of the glass should not be less than 1.5 times of the thickness of the glass; when the thickness of the tempered glass exceeds 12 mm, the distance from the hole edge to the edge of the glass should not be less than 2 times of the thickness of the glass.
3. The diameter of round holes on toughened glass should be 1.6 mm larger than the thickness of glass; the diameter of round holes should be less than 1/3 of the width; and the radius of chamfered holes in the corner position of special holes on glass plate should be greater than the thickness of glass.
4. When the angle opening is not less than 90 degrees, the distance from the edge of the hole to the corner tip should be greater than 6.5 times the thickness of the glass.
5. The fillet radius not less than glass thickness should be selected for the concave part.
2. How to drill holes in toughened glass
Toughened glass is actually a kind of prestressing glass. In order to improve the strength of glass, chemical or physical methods are usually used to form compressive stress on the surface of glass. When the glass bears external forces, it first counteracts the surface stress, thus improving the carrying capacity and enhancing the wind-compressive, heat-cold and impact resistance of the glass itself.
The stress of glass itself has reached a balance. Once external forces (such as drilling, grinding) destroy the stress balance of glass itself, the glass will "self-explode" - break into slag.
Generally speaking, toughened glass can not be drilled. If you want to drill, you should use ordinary flat glass to drill and then toughen it. If you want to study deeply, laser can drill, but it is difficult, expensive, not common people can do it.
How to drill holes in toughened glass
1. Can toughened glass be perforated?Toughened glass can punch holes.Tempered glass is quite common in modern decoration, especially in balconies, bathrooms and so on. But some people don't know a
How to adjust the flatness of tempered glass
Do you know the reason why tempered glass used in our daily life is not smooth enough? Today let's get to know more about it.The problems of poor flatness of tempered glass can be divided into two
Environmentally friendly tempered glass cover has become a new favorite in kitchen
I've seen glass cups and bowls, so I'm sure I haven't used tempered glass caps. On the occasion of New Year's Day, relatives and friends come from home to house. They can't eat all
How to Clean Glass Covers of Different Shapes
The application effect and popularity of tempered glass cover in daily life and industrial production are obvious. It can be seen how obvious the excellent characteristics of this product are. Many pe